Friday 1 November 2013

Goodbye October

As we head into November, and into the colder weather, I wanted to say a little goodbye to October.  In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October, before Halloween, so for me, Thanksgiving is the ramp up to Halloween.  In my family I always host Thanksgiving...because my turkeys are blissfully awesome.  I make a rice stuffing that is always the first thing finished.  The house is filled to the brim with relatives from Grandparents to children, After thanks is given, the turkey is finished and leftovers are put away, I pull out the cobwebs and creepy decorations.



On Halloween we all get dressed up, including my husband and myself. I have a full cedar closet filled with costumes for children to adults, unicorns to zombie, Cleopatra to Cowboy.  You get the idea!  We like costumes.  Well, probably more specifically, I like costumes, and by osmosis my children love dressing up as well.  We visit all of our neighbors, friends, and family.  The kids are exhausted by the end of the night and they usually flop into bed without a grumble, 

I have to say that October is probably my favorite month of the year and I wanted to share a few things that I love about it.





  • Leaves changing colours
  • Hot days a thing of the past
  • Pulling out fall clothes
  • Pumpkin spice lattes
  • Apple picking
  • Waking up to foggy mornings
  • Kids working in a good school routine
  • Walks in the forest
  • Seeing the squirrels getting ready for winter
  • Shushing my feet through the fallen leaves
  • Carving pumpkins
  • Cardigans
  • Decorating the house for Halloween
  • Mulled apple cider
  • Thanksgiving (for Canadians)
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Pumkin everything
  • No more mosquitos
  • Picking Halloween costumes
  • Pumpkin patches
I would love to hear what you like about October or what you are thankful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment